Advertising and market research
- During 2014-15, the Treasury delivered one advertising campaign. This campaign was to raise awareness of the 2015 Intergenerational Report and included two phases of media activity. The campaign commenced on 8 March and ended on 30 June.
- Market research for the 2015 Intergenerational Report campaign was undertaken by Hall and Partners Open Mind at a cost of $1,042,929.80.
- Campaign compliance information is available at www.treasury.gov.au and in the reports on Australian Government advertising prepared by the Department of Finance and published at www.finance.gov.au/advertising/index.html.
- Other market research was undertaken as part of the Treasury’s commitment to work effectively with stakeholders and inform policy responses.
- Information on payments made to advertising agencies, market research organisations, and media advertising organisations is in Table 6-8. The Treasury did not make any payments to polling organisations in 2014-15.
|Provider||Service Provided||Cost ($)|
|303Lowe Australia Pty Ltd||Creative services||6,428,684.82|
Note: This figure includes head hours and production costs
|Colmar Brunton||Market research||105,925|
|GfK Australia||Market research||127,897|
|Hall & Partners Open Mind||Market research||1,042,929.80|
|Taylor Nelson Sofres||Market research||79,860|
|Mitchell and Partners Australia Pty Ltd||Advertising for recruitment services||14,012|
|Mitchell and Partners Australia Pty Ltd||Advertising for recruitment services||14,699|
|Mitchell and Partners Australia Pty Ltd||Print advertisements||81,091|
|Mitchell and Partners Australia Pty Ltd||Campaign advertising||24,056,684|
|Mitchell and Partners Australia Pty Ltd||Advertising for public forums||24,664|
|Mitchell and Partners Australia Pty Ltd||Advertising for public forums||21,297|
Note: These figures include GST. Payments less than $12,565 (GST inclusive) are not included in this table.